FUNDING HELPS ESTABLISH NEW I.T SUITE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
A state of the art IT suite has been officially opened at Newport's Atkinson House Young People's lodge.
Three computers have been purchased which include a range of software aimed at supporting the education and training of young people who use the facility, which is run by the Southern Housing Group.
The computers were paid for by funding obtained through the Youth Opportunities Fund, which is administered by Isle of Wight Council.
The £4500 grant was awarded following a bid put together entirely by young people from the house. The IT suite was just one of 53 Island projects that have been supported with YOF funding since April this year, with almost £160,000 handed out.
The official opening took place on Thursday 10 December and was attended by Isle of Wight High Sheriff Gay Edwards, who cut the ribbon, and users of the centre.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this news item to a friend:
- Bestival Friday Night Headliner - Fat Boy Slim
- They're off! - Old Gaffers Set Sail
- Island artists showcase their work in a free Arts Trail around Ventnor 18-21 April
- Isle of Wight Walking Festival returns for 15th birthday spectacular
- Island sailors selected as part of the Dynamic Dozen to skipper the worlds longest ocean race.
- Isle of Wight Studio School gets the green light
- STAR OF GAME OF THRONES CARICE VAN HOUTEN & BAND JOIN THE ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL 2013!
- It's all about the Brontës - Giants of literature celebrated at Isle of Arts 2013
- At 6 months old is little Daisy our youngest subscriber...?
- Arctic Conditions for RORC Easter Challenge
- BESTIVAL UNVEILS A NEW WAVE OF ACTS FOR 10th BIRTHDAY SPECTACULAR
- Pedlars at the Quay - Sunday 24th March
- Under the Radar Hosted by Young & Collective, supported by Quay Arts
- Miss 600 – Too good to miss – at Isle of Arts
- Heaven in a cup
- Pedlars at the Quay
- As you may know Friday the 28th is national Macmillan world’s biggest coffee morning.
- Bridal Afternoon Tea at The Royal raises money for the Barely Born Appeal
- Diamond Isle ready to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee
- WIN Style of Wight Valentines Hamper.
- ISLE OF WIGHT HOTEL REVEALED AS UK’S SECOND BEST
- *WIN* Isle of Wight Festival Tickets
- Scratch the Surface - Babs Gowan. Preview This Sat at Quay Arts
- IOW To Host Queen's Diamond Jubilee Event in 2012
- FOUR ISLAND BUSINESSES WIN AT REGIONAL AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE
- World Aids Day - 1st December
- Pop sensation STEPS announced for Osborne House Summer Concerts 2012
- THE CURE TO RELEASE BESTIVAL LIVE 2011 WITH ALL PROFITS GOING TO THE ISLE OF WIGHT YOUTH TRUST
- Channel 4 comes to the Island
- Saving Money with Wight Living
- Style of Wight Magazine wins national publication award
- Islanders get fit and have fun at Pink Aerobathon
- BESTIVAL 2012: EARLY BIRD TICKETS ON SALE!
- Sugar & Spice Promotes Bra Recycling For Breast Cancer Charity
- Opera in Space www.operainspace.com comes to Bonchurch
- Gurnard Primary School OPEN DAY
- GERMAN OCTOBERFEST RETURNS TO COWES
- Save Our Fish
- History Opens It's Doors
- A Festival of Litter
- Red Jet customers travel with Style
- Baby and Toddler Event 2nd – 3rd April
- Shadows of Delight
- Legendary film-maker DAVID LYNCH produces electronic record and signs worldwide deal with Rob da Bank's SUNDAY BEST RECORDINGS label
- Quay Arts Craft Shop - Unique Christmas Shopping Destination
- BESTIVAL 2011 announces first headliner and much much more.....
- Isle of Wight Festival 2011 TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!
- Opening of Smith & Stephenson
- Seaview Wildlife Encounter - Best Tourism Experience of the Year 2010
- NEW DIRECTOR AT QUAY ARTS
- The Island goes Yellow for the Hospice
- Growing Shops!
- We Are On The Look Out!
- MAKE YOUR OWN CANDLES
- BRITISH ART for all
- NATIONAL RECYCLING CAMPAIGN COMES TO THE ISLAND
- FUNDING HELPS ESTABLISH NEW I.T SUITE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
- PAINTING OF GARIBALDI GOES ON DISPLAY IN NEWPORT
- YOUTH COUNCIL Voting begins soon
- Girls Football gets Some Funding
- Island jobs hope following top level Government meeting
- Interview with Bestival organiser 'Rob Da Bank'