Quay Arts Craft Shop - Unique Christmas Shopping Destination
Sea Street, Newport Harbour, Newport, PO30 5BD
Box Office: 01983 822490
Quay Arts Craft Shop Xmas Opening Times:
Open Mon - Sat 9:30am – 5pm & Thurs until 8pm
Open Fri 24 Dec
Closed 25 – Tue 28 Dec inclusive.
Open Wed 29 – Fri 31 Dec
Closed Sat 1 – Mon 3 Jan
Open as usual from Tue 4 Jan
The Quay Arts Craft Shop offers an eclectic mix of new, innovative and stylish contemporary gift ideas for the festive season. Showcasing and celebrating the very best of design talent from the Island and beyond, with many special Christmas items providing the ideal opportunity for the discerning buyer to find unique and individual gifts.
Come and discover a wonderful selection of carefully selected treasures including jewellery by local jeweller Nina Bulley who started making fused glass jewellery after working as a stained glass window maker. She specialises in the use of dichroic glass and its effects in the kiln to create beautifully hand-crafted pieces; Sophie Honeybourne is a well known jeweller from Ventnor whose pieces combine silver and enamel to produce distinctive pieces, another popular choice is the collaborative team at Union of Opposites with Robert Fenton’s strong linear inspiration and architectural appearance in his designs for both male and female jewellery utilizing industrial machinery to often create symmetrical forms. Kelly Yates’ work is a mixture of organic form and simplicity. Kelly says:
“I love to sit at the bench and just play. To have no real expectations but just to see what comes together.”
Both work from Jubilee Stores artist’s studios in Newport. If its ceramics you are after, then there are many ceramicists to choose from including Lis Toft who creates miniature pieces of wearable art and hand-formed ceramic pieces or why not buy that someone special a highly desirable pot by ceramicist, Neil Treagear, other potters work on display include Molly Attrill, Margaret Hodge and Dennis Fairweather who makes wonderful owls, birds and other animal sculptures. Pauline Barnden produces pots and sculptures in vibrant turquoise colours including ammonites. Or for mixed media enthusiasts, choose work by resident Quay Arts’ artist Alison Butcher whose work is inspired by living by the seaside and is reflected in her sea-themed pieces in her mixed media pieces that combine metal, wood and fabric to create functional and decorative items. In the last year she has been experimenting with fused glass panels and pendants to make decorative items and sculptural pieces which combine copper wire, dichroic glass and motifs within the pieces to give added interest.
For stationery lovers there is a wide selection of cards, papers, calendars and diaries to choose from.
The shop is also brimming with glorious educational and traditional Children’s gifts ranging in price from as little as five pounds with many perfect stocking fillers. So why not take the pressure off, avoid the crowds and visit Quay Arts in this beautiful shop with plenty on offer, from small affordable items and accessories to large exclusive pieces. The Quay Arts Craft Shop has something for everyone.
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for news, updates and special offers
Quay Arts presents a changing showcase of exhibitions by leading artists, live events and classes and workshop all year round. Entrance if FREE to all galleries. The Café Bar serves delicious home-cooked meals every day. Café Bar open: 9:30am – 4:30pm. Lunches served 11:30am – 3pm.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this news item to a friend:
- Hats off to Dimbola Mad Hatter makeover at Dimbola Tea Room wins top award
- Feel the rhythm... Rhythmtree World Music Festival returns with rock legend Ginger Baker
- FREE TONIGHT - Acoustic Originals, at The Quay Arts
- Bestival Friday Night Headliner - Fat Boy Slim
- They're off! - Old Gaffers Set Sail
- Island artists showcase their work in a free Arts Trail around Ventnor 18-21 April
- Isle of Wight Walking Festival returns for 15th birthday spectacular
- Island sailors selected as part of the Dynamic Dozen to skipper the worlds longest ocean race.
- Isle of Wight Studio School gets the green light
- STAR OF GAME OF THRONES CARICE VAN HOUTEN & BAND JOIN THE ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL 2013!
- It's all about the Brontës - Giants of literature celebrated at Isle of Arts 2013
- At 6 months old is little Daisy our youngest subscriber...?
- Arctic Conditions for RORC Easter Challenge
- BESTIVAL UNVEILS A NEW WAVE OF ACTS FOR 10th BIRTHDAY SPECTACULAR
- Pedlars at the Quay - Sunday 24th March
- Under the Radar Hosted by Young & Collective, supported by Quay Arts
- Miss 600 – Too good to miss – at Isle of Arts
- Heaven in a cup
- Pedlars at the Quay
- As you may know Friday the 28th is national Macmillan world’s biggest coffee morning.
- Bridal Afternoon Tea at The Royal raises money for the Barely Born Appeal
- Diamond Isle ready to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee
- WIN Style of Wight Valentines Hamper.
- ISLE OF WIGHT HOTEL REVEALED AS UK’S SECOND BEST
- *WIN* Isle of Wight Festival Tickets
- Scratch the Surface - Babs Gowan. Preview This Sat at Quay Arts
- IOW To Host Queen's Diamond Jubilee Event in 2012
- FOUR ISLAND BUSINESSES WIN AT REGIONAL AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE
- World Aids Day - 1st December
- Pop sensation STEPS announced for Osborne House Summer Concerts 2012
- THE CURE TO RELEASE BESTIVAL LIVE 2011 WITH ALL PROFITS GOING TO THE ISLE OF WIGHT YOUTH TRUST
- Channel 4 comes to the Island
- Saving Money with Wight Living
- Style of Wight Magazine wins national publication award
- Islanders get fit and have fun at Pink Aerobathon
- BESTIVAL 2012: EARLY BIRD TICKETS ON SALE!
- Sugar & Spice Promotes Bra Recycling For Breast Cancer Charity
- Opera in Space www.operainspace.com comes to Bonchurch
- Gurnard Primary School OPEN DAY
- GERMAN OCTOBERFEST RETURNS TO COWES
- Save Our Fish
- History Opens It's Doors
- A Festival of Litter
- Red Jet customers travel with Style
- Baby and Toddler Event 2nd – 3rd April
- Shadows of Delight
- Legendary film-maker DAVID LYNCH produces electronic record and signs worldwide deal with Rob da Bank's SUNDAY BEST RECORDINGS label
- Quay Arts Craft Shop - Unique Christmas Shopping Destination
- BESTIVAL 2011 announces first headliner and much much more.....
- Isle of Wight Festival 2011 TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!
- Opening of Smith & Stephenson
- Seaview Wildlife Encounter - Best Tourism Experience of the Year 2010
- NEW DIRECTOR AT QUAY ARTS
- The Island goes Yellow for the Hospice
- Growing Shops!
- We Are On The Look Out!
- MAKE YOUR OWN CANDLES
- BRITISH ART for all
- NATIONAL RECYCLING CAMPAIGN COMES TO THE ISLAND
- FUNDING HELPS ESTABLISH NEW I.T SUITE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
- PAINTING OF GARIBALDI GOES ON DISPLAY IN NEWPORT
- YOUTH COUNCIL Voting begins soon
- Girls Football gets Some Funding
- Island jobs hope following top level Government meeting
- Interview with Bestival organiser 'Rob Da Bank'