Islanders get fit and have fun at Pink Aerobathon
People from across the Isle of Wight danced themselves fit this weekend by taking part in a Pink.
The event, which was part of Breast Cancer Campaign’s Isle of Pink month, saw people dance for two-hours of fun fitness sessions including Zumba and a Glee-themed spectacular led by top Island fitness instructors. The Aerobathon took place on Sunday 25 September from 11am at Carisbrooke College, Newport, which sponsored the fundraising event.
Lauren Baskett, Breast Cancer Campaign’s Community Development Manager, said: “Thanks to everyone who donned pink and took part in the Aerobathon this weekend and to Carisbrooke Central Cluster Extended Services for hosting it. It was a fantastic day and everyone got into the pink spirit to help raise vital funds for breast cancer research.”
There is still a chance for you to get involved in the Isle of Pink by taking part in the islands own wear it pink day on Friday 30 October, where people across the island will be wearing pink for the day and donating £2 to charity! For more information visit www.breastcancercampaign.org, call Breast Cancer Campaign on 020 749 4114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this news item to a friend:
- SEASIDE AWARDS GALORE FOR ISLE OF WIGHT BEACHES
- Hats off to Dimbola Mad Hatter makeover at Dimbola Tea Room wins top award
- Feel the rhythm... Rhythmtree World Music Festival returns with rock legend Ginger Baker
- FREE TONIGHT - Acoustic Originals, at The Quay Arts
- Bestival Friday Night Headliner - Fat Boy Slim
- They're off! - Old Gaffers Set Sail
- Island artists showcase their work in a free Arts Trail around Ventnor 18-21 April
- Isle of Wight Walking Festival returns for 15th birthday spectacular
- Island sailors selected as part of the Dynamic Dozen to skipper the worlds longest ocean race.
- Isle of Wight Studio School gets the green light
- STAR OF GAME OF THRONES CARICE VAN HOUTEN & BAND JOIN THE ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL 2013!
- It's all about the Brontës - Giants of literature celebrated at Isle of Arts 2013
- At 6 months old is little Daisy our youngest subscriber...?
- Arctic Conditions for RORC Easter Challenge
- BESTIVAL UNVEILS A NEW WAVE OF ACTS FOR 10th BIRTHDAY SPECTACULAR
- Pedlars at the Quay - Sunday 24th March
- Under the Radar Hosted by Young & Collective, supported by Quay Arts
- Miss 600 – Too good to miss – at Isle of Arts
- Heaven in a cup
- Pedlars at the Quay
- As you may know Friday the 28th is national Macmillan world’s biggest coffee morning.
- Bridal Afternoon Tea at The Royal raises money for the Barely Born Appeal
- Diamond Isle ready to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee
- WIN Style of Wight Valentines Hamper.
- ISLE OF WIGHT HOTEL REVEALED AS UK’S SECOND BEST
- *WIN* Isle of Wight Festival Tickets
- Scratch the Surface - Babs Gowan. Preview This Sat at Quay Arts
- IOW To Host Queen's Diamond Jubilee Event in 2012
- FOUR ISLAND BUSINESSES WIN AT REGIONAL AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE
- World Aids Day - 1st December
- Pop sensation STEPS announced for Osborne House Summer Concerts 2012
- THE CURE TO RELEASE BESTIVAL LIVE 2011 WITH ALL PROFITS GOING TO THE ISLE OF WIGHT YOUTH TRUST
- Channel 4 comes to the Island
- Saving Money with Wight Living
- Style of Wight Magazine wins national publication award
- Islanders get fit and have fun at Pink Aerobathon
- BESTIVAL 2012: EARLY BIRD TICKETS ON SALE!
- Sugar & Spice Promotes Bra Recycling For Breast Cancer Charity
- Opera in Space www.operainspace.com comes to Bonchurch
- Gurnard Primary School OPEN DAY
- GERMAN OCTOBERFEST RETURNS TO COWES
- Save Our Fish
- History Opens It's Doors
- A Festival of Litter
- Red Jet customers travel with Style
- Baby and Toddler Event 2nd – 3rd April
- Shadows of Delight
- Legendary film-maker DAVID LYNCH produces electronic record and signs worldwide deal with Rob da Bank's SUNDAY BEST RECORDINGS label
- Quay Arts Craft Shop - Unique Christmas Shopping Destination
- BESTIVAL 2011 announces first headliner and much much more.....
- Isle of Wight Festival 2011 TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!
- Opening of Smith & Stephenson
- Seaview Wildlife Encounter - Best Tourism Experience of the Year 2010
- NEW DIRECTOR AT QUAY ARTS
- The Island goes Yellow for the Hospice
- Growing Shops!
- We Are On The Look Out!
- MAKE YOUR OWN CANDLES
- BRITISH ART for all
- NATIONAL RECYCLING CAMPAIGN COMES TO THE ISLAND
- FUNDING HELPS ESTABLISH NEW I.T SUITE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
- PAINTING OF GARIBALDI GOES ON DISPLAY IN NEWPORT
- YOUTH COUNCIL Voting begins soon
- Girls Football gets Some Funding
- Island jobs hope following top level Government meeting
- Interview with Bestival organiser 'Rob Da Bank'