I Love Wight – For weddings, romantic breaks and celebrations
Win your own romantic spring break below!
Whether it’s the glorious countryside, the splendour of our stunning coastline or simply something in the Isle of Wight air, falling in love on (and with) the Isle of Wight is so easy to do. The Island’s tourist board, Visit Isle of Wight, has now published a new section on their award-winning top-ranking website for wedding and celebration planners packed full of contacts, venues, suggested itineraries and other helpful tools to make the most of your celebrations and family gatherings.
Love on the Isle of Wight is a large part of our history and heritage. It has inspired a diverse range of romantics and lovers: from the great poets and writers including Keats, Tennyson and Carroll, the famous Churchill family as well as a great many music lovers whose hearts have met at one of the Island’s iconic musical festivals.
From secret spots for romantic walks, magnificent coastal views, tucked away countryside pubs and secluded hideaways, the natural heart of the Isle of Wight is ideal for falling in love.
So its no surprise that many people choose to get married and celebrate special occasions on the Isle of Wight. You’ll discover an amazing range of superb venues – stately homes, exquisite gardens and boutique venues many providing fantastic locally-sourced food.
Wedding guests from off Island often want to make a longer stay of their visit, and now there’s a great range of new itineraries to view on the Island’s official tourist board website for you to share with your guests, friends and family. For more information, go to www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/weddings You’ll find fantastic family attractions, world renowned cycling, walking and sailing, adventurous activities for the whole family from paddle boarding to tree climbing and of course, we’re known as the best place for dinosaur discoveries in the UK.
The Isle of Wight offers a wide variety of stunning places to stay whether you’re looking to accommodate your wedding guests or simply want to host some friends for an intimate family celebration. The Island can provide it all; from magnificent historic buildings, elegant country houses, stylish boutique bed and breakfasts as well as quirky places to stay including treehouses and vintage caravans. Most of the Island’s top accommodation providers can be found on the tourist board’s website, it’s a quick and easy way to search availability and contact details. Whether you’re looking for a venue for 200 guests or some additional accommodation for family members, go to www.visitisleofwight.co.uk and use the advanced search options to see what’s available, including location maps and places close by.
If you know the Isle of Wight well or if you’ve never visited us before, you’ll find the romance of our Island hard to beat.
Wight Wedding Competition
Enjoy a romantic break on the Isle of Wight courtesy of Visit Isle of Wight, and Style of Wight Magazine.
Enter our competition and enjoy:
- Two night stay for two at the Hambrough, Ventnor, Isle of Wight. The Hambrough offers 5 AA Gold Star luxury boutique accommodation by the sea on the southern tip of the Isle of Wight. As well as a great night sleep you’ll enjoy the hotels legendary breakfast, created using delicious locally sourced food.
- Entry for two people to Ventnor Botanic Gardens and Osborne. Ventnor Botanic Gardens are a magical place to visit with pathways to rare and exotic plants, and a secret tunnel to the sea. Osbourne tells the love story of Queen Victoria, and Prince Albert. Spend a day exploring the royal apartments, the houses beautiful grounds, and the private beach.
- A romantic meal for two at The Bistro, Ventnor.
- Ferry travel for a car and two people from Southampton, Portsmouth or Lymington courtesy of Red Funnel and Wightlink.
CLICK HERE to enter the competition.
Scroll down for full competition terms and conditions.
Visit Isle of Wight and Style of Wight Wedding Competition 2017 Ts and Cs
1. The Visit Isle of Wight/Style of Wight Wedding competition (the “Competition”) is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over.
2. The Competition is not open to employees or agencies of Visit Isle of Wight Ltd (“VIOW”) and Style of Wight magazine, their group companies or family members or anyone else connected to the Competition.
3. Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. To enter the Competition you must enter your details as above. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Competition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Visit Isle of Wight Weddings Competition” in the subject line.
5. Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Competition entry to us.
6. By providing personally identifiable information when entering this free prize draw, Visit Isle of Wight may use it to provide you with ongoing information about their products and services. You may receive communications from carefully selected competition partners, although you can unsubscribe at any time, if you wish to do so. Neither Visit Isle of Wight or the other businesses providing the prize will rent, sell or lease this personally identifiable information to other companies or individuals.
7. No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
8. The Competition closes at 23.59 on 31st March 2017. Entries received after that date and time will not be considered.
9. The winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries.
10. Entrants will abide by the following Terms and Conditions: The prize includes
A two-night bed and breakfast stay for two at the Hambrough, entrance for two people to Ventnor Botanic Garden and Osborne, cross Solent travel for a car and two people via Wightlink or Red Funnel or cross Solent travel as foot passengers for two people via Hovertravel, make over and photo shoot courtesy of Style of Wight, dinner for two at The Bistro, Ventnor to a maximum value of £100 (drinks included. It is advised that customers book in advance with the Bistro, due to hours of operation.
11. This prize is available Friday 21 April to Monday 26th June 2017 excluding Bank Holidays and is subject to availability.
12. The winner will be notified by phone or email on or before 5th April 2017 and given details of how to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to VIOW within 5 days of being notified by VIOW, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and VIOW shall be entitled to select another winner (and that winner will have to respond to the phone call or email from VIOW within 5 days or else they will also forfeit their prize).
13. Details of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Visit Isle of Wight, Guildhall, High Street, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO33 1TY.
14. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
15. VIOW and Style of Wight retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
16. The winner may be required for promotional activity.
17. No purchase necessary.
18. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of VIOW for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
19. VIOW and Style of Wight accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. VIOW and Style of Wight further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
20. VIOW and Style of Wight reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of VIOW in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. VIOW and Style of Wight shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
22. The Competition will be governed by English law.
23. Promoter: Visit Isle of Wight, The Guildhall, High Street, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 1TY and Style of Wight Ltd, 21 Holyrood Street, Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 5AZ