“Put on your favourite Christmas jumper, turn up the festive tunes, and make a big batch of Christmas Crunch Granola. Golden oaty clusters with warm Christmas spices and maple/medjool sweetness with red goji berries (swap for cranberries if you prefer!) filled in reusable Kilner Jars and tied up with some pretty string make the perfect planet-friendly gift.” says Evelyn Joyce, from Isle of Wight wellness platform, Balance + Glo
250g old fashioned oats
200g medjool dates (stones removed)
100g goji berries
60g pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp chia seeds
50g coconut oil (melted)
8 tbsp maple syrup
4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground clove
Juice of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F), fan setting. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the dates and maple syrup in a blender and blitz until it forms a paste.
- Place the oats, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, pecans and spices into a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Add the date paste, melted coconut oil and juice from the orange. Mix well until well combined.
- Evenly spread the mixture over the parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 8-10 minutes, until golden (be careful not to burn the granola on the edges).
- Leave to cool slightly before adding the goji berries (or cranberries!)