The Wight Proms – A brand new annual festival of open-air picnic concerts celebrating the Isle of Wight’s music, food, people and red squirrels will launch this August.
- There has not been a music festival like this on the IOW for some time, catering to lovers of both classical music and musical theatre.
- The 3-day festival will take place on 17th-19th of August in the grounds of Northwood House, Cowes as well as inside the grade II* listed Georgian manor house.
- Tickets will go on sale in February and are expected to sell out fast, so early booking is recommended to avoid disappointment.
- Picnic hampers containing delicious IOW produce will be available to pre-order when purchasing tickets.
- Full line-up of international headline artistes, Island-performers and various activities to be announced in February.
- The festival aims to bring the Island community together as well as connect to the mainland through Southampton and beyond.
Friday 17th August 2018 – Free Community Workshops
An exciting line-up of free workshops for kids and young adults, which will continue into the weekend. These workshops aim to inspire the next generation by getting them involved in music and giving them exposure to the arts that they would not otherwise ever experience.
Saturday 18th August 2018 – ‘Wight at the Musicals’
Be transported to the world of musical theatre; bringing you some to the best-known and popular songs from West End and Broadway.
Sunday 19th August 2018 – ‘Last Wight of the Proms’
The weekend will climax in a rousing celebration of British music and flag-waving, including Pomp and Circumstance, Jerusalem and much-loved movie themes plus many more.